The IYT Worldwide Yachtmaster Offshore certificate is a recreational certificate of competency to command sailing and/or power vessels up to 24 meters in length up to 150 nm offshore. It is a comprehensive course consisting of six days for sail or five days for power, which includes the practical on water examination.
Please be aware that this certification is for recreational use only, if you are looking for a professional accreditation, please see Master Of Yacht courses.
Yachtmaster courses are not for beginners.
- International collision regulations
- Navigational charts and publications
- Dead reckoning and estimated position
- Position fixing
- Tides and currents
- Safety at sea
- Boat handling
- Passage planning
- Command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres
- In coastal waters up to 60 miles offshore
- In moderate wind and sea conditions
- Not for commercial use
Note: Yachtmaster Coastal is a recreational course that can be taught in any language.
- 30 days and 800 miles at sea including 2 days as watch leader/skipper
- 12 hours underway on watch at night
- Minimum sea time must have been met prior to the final examination
I would like to receive more information about this course.